Friday, July 29, 2011

Beauty in the Broken

LisaAnne Photography


This past week has been one of the best weeks of the summer! The beautiful Lisa Anne came to visit me. So many words come to mind when I think of her but the best of friends is what we are! She has evolved into a talented photographer and I got to be a snapshot of her work while she was here.




When I take the time to write its because of something that has inspired me and Lisa captured one of those moments.




For the people who know me best, you know I have a heart for women and girls. The Lord showed this to me while still in high school and my passion has not changed.




Take another look at the picture...


When Lisa had taken the picture, I thought it was a neat and an artistic way of taking a photo. I did not realize how quick I would feel the Lords heart when I got to see it from the other side of the lens.


As soon as I saw it, it was a rush of emotion. I took myself out of the picture and saw it for what it was portraying.
The Lord revealed to me the truth of my struggles but also what may be some of your struggles as well. We see ourselves as broken and distorted. We are looking into a mirror that has been distorted itself. That mirror represents the world. We are living in a world where sin reigns and where sin reigns, lies rule. We can not get a healthy perspective on the reflection we see because Satan wants to distort what God has originally intended for as beauty. The question is, how will we ever see the correct reflection?
There is no way of escaping the sinful world we live in until the Lord comes but it does not take away from the power of a Savior. Each of us have our internal battles whether its with our physical self or who we have become. Either way we will see what we do not like when we stare at that mirror. The Lord is bigger then any battle we may face. He is the photographer. He is not looking at the cracks and pieces but instead looking at the beauty staring into the mess. He wants us to stop staring at the distortion and turn to face the lens because through His eyes we are perfectly put together.


I am not writing off the pain and pieces but instead encouraging you to turn and look at your Maker. When we look at Jesus our purpose becomes clear, our reason for living becomes evident, and our struggles will turn into testimonies! We have to believe with everything we are that there is beauty in the broken. Stop staring at the pieces and turn to the Healer.



No comments:

Post a Comment